We are delighted that you want to be involved with helping IUE grow! We feel the students, along with the staff and faculty, are best able to tell our prospective students all about IUE and what it has to offer. The Admission Ambassador Program enables visitors to meet our students and discover what college life is really like through the eyes of an actual student.
Please take the time to read the following guidelines before completing the application.
By being friendly, approachable, and knowledgeable, the Admission Ambassadors can present both a positive and accurate picture of campus life. They are vital to increasing awareness of IUE in east-central Indiana. An Ambassador is a flexible and effective resource we call upon to assist in a wide range of different activities. As an IUE Ambassador, you would be representing IUE on campus, in the local neighboring high schools, and in the community.
Admission Ambassador Expectations:
- Attend mandatory meetings.
- Keep track of and devote 60 hours per semester to assigned ambassador duties
- Assist with on-and off-campus events (open houses, campus events, career fairs, high school visits, prospective student’s visits, college fairs, summer events.)
- Help coordinate recruitment programs for the campus.
- Set an excellent example for current and prospective students to follow.
- Provide one-on-one communications with personal letters, telephone calls, and emails to prospective students.
- Possess the following skills: presentation skills, enthusiasm, energy, sincerity, ability and desire to have conversations with other people, friendly and approachable demeanor and a commitment to IUE.
- To be eligible for semester renewal you must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5.
For the commitment and hard work, a scholarship that is equal to three (3) credit hours is awarded to Ambassadors who meet all expectations.
Any full-time student at IUE can apply to become an ambassador. Interviews will be conducted for consideration of the position. Please direct any questions to Rachel Page or Sarah Duke, Assistant Directors of Admissions, at 765-973-8334 or 765-973-8278. If you have read the above expectations and feel you are a qualified candidate for the position, please complete the following application.