How to appeal if you've lost your academic eligibility
You may appeal this policy by making your case to the Dean of Students and the Athletic Appeals Committee (made up of the Dean of Students, the Faculty Athletics Representative, and a faculty member from the Athletic Committee) within two weeks of the end of the term. The student athlete maintains IU East eligibility pending the outcome of his or her appeal.
This committee will make the final decision on eligibility and will establish the requirements, if any, for the student athlete to maintain eligibility. All decisions by the Athletic Appeals Committee are final.
- Student athlete submits a written appeal form to the Dean of Students within two weeks of the end-of-term (i.e., last day of final exams).
- Appeal must include student athlete’s name, student ID number, mailing address, email address, and telephone number.
- Appeal should address significant and/or unusual circumstances that caused the student athlete’s grade point average to fall below the 2.0 threshold for academic good standing. Include any supporting documentation that might be useful to substantiate your case.
- Appeal should also address how the student athlete intends to get back into academic good standing.
- Appeal should be sent either:
- by mail to:
Dean of Students Office
Attn: Athletic Appeals Committee
Indiana University East
2325 Chester Blvd.
Richmond IN 47374
- or by email (form must include an electronic signature) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once an appeal has been submitted, the Dean of Students will convene a meeting of the Athletic Appeals Committee.
- Student athlete will be afforded the opportunity to appear in-person before the appeals committee.
- When a Committee recommendation has been determined, the Dean of Students will communicate the decision to the student athlete in writing.