Part-time jobs for students

If you’re an undergraduate or graduate student and you need money to pay for your education, you may be eligible for a Federal Work-Study job. To be considered for a work-study job, you must:

  • File your FAFSA by IU East’s priority date of March 10 each year
  • Indicate an interest in Federal Work-Study on your FAFSA

You can contact the Office of Financial Aid to learn more about your eligibility.

Learn more about work-study

Find a work-study job

Work-study jobs are part-time jobs available on and off campus. If you have a work-study job, the U.S. government pays part of your wages. How much you earn depends on how many hours you work (usually 15-20 per week) and your hourly pay rate. If you don’t receive a work-study job or you want to earn more, you can always apply for non-work-study positions.

You can find work-study positions available on-campus through our job board, Handshake. We partner with local non-profits for some work-study jobs with off-campus duties. Contact Human Resources or the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships to discuss all available opportunities.