From Patriot to Red Wolf:
This is Amber
- Class of: 2018
- Major: Nursing ⚕️
- Involved in: Campus Christian Fellowship, Honors Program, Student Government Association, Admissions Ambassador
- Can't stop watching: F.R.I.E.N.D.S. and The Good Doctor
- I'm terrified of: Tarantulas 🕷️ and scorpions 🦂 (thank you, Belize)
- Biggest celebrity crush: Will Smith or Chad Michael Murray (and of course Jennifer Aniston)
- Favorite chill spot: Whitewater Lobby or the Quad on a sunny day ☀️
- Fav Event @ IU East: Hard to choose! Back with the Pack (Big Balls and zipline) or the Talent Show during Homecoming week (participated sophomore year with a group of nursing friends for extra credit in Anatomy, we did the Thriller dance)
"Family, that you never knew you would have, or come to love and appreciate so much! IU East became my home away from home, and I cannot express how incredible and special that is to find in a college. #RedWolfNation is full of adventures, hard work, and many laughs! Join the Pack, I promise you will not regret it!"
- "Working each day to serve others and share the love of our God through my nursing career!"
- "Travel abroad again! Spent spring break of my senior year with a medical team providing care to nearly 500 people in a clinic in Belize, and now crave to travel all around the world"
- "Eventually, further my education through a masters program at IU East, and maybe even come back to my second family here to teach future nurses!"
- "All in all, be the reason someone laughs each day :)"
Message for my Jay County High School self
"Dear Younger Me,
Embrace who you are, especially the goofy and nerdy side :) Smile at strangers; science proves it is contagious and you may change someone's entire day. The past happened - accept it, forgive yourself and work to become better by living in the present and filled with hope for the future! College is not as scary as you thought, and you will meet a lot of incredible people along the journey who become like family. Plus, you will achieve so many dreams, and conquer tons of fears in a short amount of time. Most of all remember, "Be Not Afraid" and you are awesome!
Future You :)P.S. Remember to call home from time to time. "